Friday, April 29, 2011

My Sisters My Friends...

This morning I woke up in a unusual good mood. I first thought I must be dreaming cause this "sister" does not do mornings... But then a smile came across my face as I thought about my sisters ~ my friends...

     Growing up you never realize just how special sister's are, you don't take the time to really know each other, their thoughts, their dreams.  Through the years we have grown apart, grown up, grown together. I think each and everyone of my sisters and I can say that we have shared some wonderful memories and yet at the same time some terrible ones as well.  I know that I have regrets.  I know that at times I wish time would have stood still. As I walk this journey of my life I have realized what is important to me, and that is my sisters.  Their dreams, tears, smiles, heartache and laughs mean so very much to me.

     Although for years most of us have lived miles apart, in this family that means nothing... We are always there no matter what and that is a bond that can never be broken.

     I would like to start with Tami our "oldest" sister ( I know I know big trouble for that one).  Ok Tami may be the oldest but good lord she looks like the youngest (see how I made that right LOL). Tami or as we all like to call her "Grandmother" has always been the rock of the family, she is the "official" mediator for the entire family, when no one can find the anything good to feel, you turn to Tami for she is the most amazing sibling anyone could ever ask for.  Through our younger years, I would not have admitted this at all, for she oh so got me in trouble with daddy... Yep always ratting us out "for our own good" however at that moment I did not see it that way. Tami was our "mother hen" and when I say that I really mean it. We all had to ride to school with her (she always had the car ) and I will never forget those LONG morning drives to Collierville High School, if the speed limit was 35mph our sister drove 24mph.  If a bird hit the wind shield our sister ducked with her eyes closed... YES PEOPLE she was driving. So many things I could share with you about Tami, but the most important is that she has been my BFF Sister for many many years, she has always loved me unconditionally (and I wasn't always lovable), she has always stood in my corner, and she never fails to tell me I was right or I was wrong, she tells me what I need to hear and not what I want to hear and that isn't always easy to do with me either.    I love you Tami!!!!!!!!! "My sister My friend"

Tami and Paige

Now I would like to tell you about my sister Dawn.  Dawn is just below Tami in age (hehehehehehe).  She has lived her entire life in Memphis Tn.  Oh how I miss her. Dawn has always been career focused, she works way to many hours. We have a love for dogs that we share, so you can imagine when we talk there will always be talk of our sweet baby dogs. We have had our fair share of rocky roads but it never fails we find our way back to one another. Dawn and her husband bought the house were we shared so many memories growing up.  I believe my sister forgave me for wrecking her Volts Wagon, however not so sure she has ever forgiven me for wiping my red lipstick and boogers on her Volts Wagon seat. Yep I got busted and boy was she mad.  Dawn and I lived together in NC for several years and we had a blast we would dress up when scarfs were cool to wear around your waist and go out dancing.  Dawn's favorite move was bobbing her head to the music she would not even move her shoulders. We have shared countless hours on the phone trying to catch up with our busy life's. 

I love you Dawn, "My sister My Friend


           Paige and Dawn                                          
                                                             I would like to tell you about my sister Amanda. She lives the closest to me and although she and I live fairly close I barley get to spend time with her. She is a mother of twins and she is so very busy.  She is the master cook and a wonderful homemaker for those children. She and I grew up together and shared so many memories. I will never forget our mom and my "bonus" dad going out of town one year when we lived on Hwy 191. Amanda decided to have a wine cooler (ok ok I gave her the wine cooler) well we were having a great time until the next morning when low and behold we woke up to a cigarette burn in the coffee table that sat between our parents chairs in the living room. Yep what a mess we were in.  Me the bright one decided we would just turn the table around and make the burn be on Don's side (he was always making burn marks), well that was a great idea until we realized that it was one of those tables with the lamp attached and there was no way to turn the table around due to the dang cord... So we were busted. You probably know the rest of the story.  Amanda was my baby sister who followed in my foot steps she really put me high on a pedestal where I am sure I did not belong. I am so thankful to be blessed with this wonderful sister, she is the most forgiving, loving and caring person to me. She is always there through good and bad.                                      
                                                                                                   I love you Amanda, "My sister My friend" 

Amanda and Paige
                                                                                                          


Now on to Stacy (aka Brat-O-La, Facey) my baby sister. I really believe that Stacy did not realize she had legs and could walk until she was about 9yrs old (LOL) we carried her where ever she wanted to go.  She and I are very much alike in so many ways. We share a common love for horses and out doors. Stacy is not afraid to speak her mind, sometimes she and I have been accused of speaking before thinking (IKR go figure).  Stacy and I share a bond that I at one time let slip my mind. My baby sister packed up and moved from TN to NC to be with me, support me and help me when my daughter Jessica was diagnosed with cancer. Stacy left her friends, her boyfriend to live with me so that I may continue to try and work. She traveled with me to Duke University and sang and danced with the clown for Jessica. The night I lost my daughter it was Stacy who lie in the bed below us at the hospital, she was so strong for me as I held my daughter as she took her last breath. Never leaving my side, helping to notify our family staying close by my side just to let  me know that things were going to be OK.. I am not sure I ever really thanked my baby sister enough for all that she was to me and did for me. I thank you Stacy and I love you with all my heart.

I love you Facey "My sister My friend"

Paige and Stacy


My Sister's My Friends,
I love you all so very much!!!!
                                                                         

1 comment:

  1. Awe, those were very touching (and telling) and YES, you are in trouble with the age thing and you barely made up for it, but the good news is you have plenty of time to keep making up for it. LOL! Very sweet. Thank you BFF Sis. I love you too (big as the sky and more mostest)!

    ReplyDelete