Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"We are Family" by All Stars - We Are Family Foundation

This song says so much.  I wanted to take a minute to tell the world what a wonderful family I have.  My mother and I are very close.  I have lived closer in miles to my mother and my wonderful Step Father than I have my Father and wonderful Step Mother... So of course my children grew up around them.  I could not have asked for a better Granny and Paw Paw they were and are amazing to my children. Jessica once wrote a letter in 3rd grade she wrote "The apple of my eye is my Paw Paw" that touched my heart and his.  We have so many memories that I will treasure for a life time. Then came Jorden, oh lord she was and is all about her Paw Paw and Granny and now even with Jorden in College, they never seem to amaze me.  They call her just to hear her voice, they make sure when she comes home to visit that she is loaded up with drinks, snacks and they always seem to slip her a little cash even if it is $10 or $20 they let her know that is just for her and whatever she wants to spend it on. I know that I joke a little about being the favorite, however I know in my heart they love each and everyone of us so much. Miles between families are hard, our lives are busy but that never stops the love this family has for one another.  I would like to mention that in 1996 when we found out that Jessica had cancer and had to go to Duke my mother was going through her own pain and sorrow, for she was just 2wks post op mastectomy, that is right 2wks, my mom was selfless, she did not hesitate to travel during that time to be right by my side... She was there she was my strength she is my world. I love you mom for sacrificing what you were dealing with to me right by my side.... Amazing Love...

                                                              
Granny and Paw Paw at UNCC

Then you have my wonderful father what a wonderful father we grew up with, again I have lived so far away from him for so many years it breaks my heart, but I can honestly tell you that when I hear his voice or I see him for a visit, we pick up right where we left off.  That is how my daddy rolls.  He never holds a grudge, his loves his kids more than life. Again "Amazing Love", that same year when Jessica was diagnosed, my father (aka Bo Bo) did not hesitate jumping in his car traveling from Memphis Tn to be by my side, he went back then returned quickly to travel to Duke to comfort me.  He made Jessica smile every time he opened his mouth, never letting her see him weak..... My wonderful Step mother "Barbara" she along with my Step father have never seemed like "Step" parents they love just as our mother and father love.  My kids always loved Barbara (aka Nana) she always made them smile, she loved to cook for them.  Her heart is huge and she showed that so many times. After having heart problems and we were so worried about her she did not hesitate for a second to drive from Disney, OK to be here for Jorden's special day, she made sure she was here to watch her baby graduate and turn 18...Once again "Amazing love"                                                                                                                                                          
                                                                                                
Nana helping Jorden with her graduation cap



Me and My daddy at Jorden's party



Now, I would like to take a moment to introduce you to the most wonderful mother and father -n-law a family could ask for.  When I met my husband almost 9 years ago God did not only bless me with a fantastic friend and husband he blessed me with the most perfect bonus parents I could have ever dreamed of. Kenneth and Gladys Banks.  Since day they invited me into their home and in their hearts. They love me and my precious daughter as if we were born into their family. I do not have the words to express what these two people mean to me or have done for me. Kenneth is the most precious man, I love him more and more each day. He never hesitates to take on any task that involves helping me or Rodney. He tends to my horses when I am a slacker. He never fails to make me smile and not for one minute does he stop making me feel  love like a father should. Gladys, I am not sure they make women like her anymore. What an amazing lady, I only have one complaint it is due to her fabulous cooking that I am now larger than life LOL...This lady never stops, she cares for this family like you could never imagine. Since the day I met Rodney T. Banks we have attended the Church that his grandfather and father help build to a mighty powerful church, after church service on Sunday's we head off to Gladys house where she has prepared us our lunch, and I am not talking about a sandwich people I am talking a 4 course meal (hence the larger than life), the only time we have not been to Gladys for lunch on Sunday in the past 8 years would be to attend a birthday or something special that was planned on that day. What a tradition she has brought to our family...


Gladys, Gracie and Jorden

                                                                                                       


Kenneth with my Sweet Husband

                      


Now you see where my handsome husband gets his great looks..... :)





I feel so blessed everyday I wake up to know that God has placed 3 wonderful mother's in my life along with 3 of the most wonderful father's a girl could dream of.

My family is larger than life stay tuned I have many more wonderful family members to tell you about. Get ready because they are amazing.  I am honored to be apart of such a loving, caring beautiful family. We laugh together, we cry together, we fight together but make no mistake
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Awe... very sweet. You really need to teach me how to caption the pictures on here. I don't know how you do that... go figure I need you to help me with computer stuff. LOL! Love you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easy sis, just put cursor underneath the picture kinda on the picture at bottom and it will give you options lots of options...LOL you got me started now I get to teach you something. I love it... And I love you!!

    ReplyDelete